Monday, March 8, 2010

Arbolada Rainbow - Green







I just love etymology.  Did you know that the word green comes from the Old English verb "growan" which means "to grow"........

In the Qur'an, those in heaven wear green silk.
The ancient Celts avoided wearning green as it was supposed to bring misfortune.
(Did you know St. Patrick's traditional color is blue, NOT green!)
In Hinduism, green is the color of the fourth chakra which represents the heart. 
And if you are a healer and a lover of nature, you supposedly have a green aura!

Some green loves........rolling green grassy hils, emeralds, moss, green eyes, tiny inch worms, granny smith apples,  Kermit the Frog, limes, Christmas trees (AKA Hanukkah Bush), jade, olives, snap peas (my son's favorite!), elves, lily pads



"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to be seriously re-examining your life."
Bill Watterson (author of Calvin & Hobbs)

1 comment:

Beatnheart said...

Hi There, And yet another beautiful day in Southern California!! What a beautiful new piece!! Today I was honored to have a song that I wrote be used by a fellow blogger on her site for International Womans Day..I don't usually like to brag but this was a real cool think for me..Hope all is well with you..Be happy my friend..Cynthia