Monday, March 22, 2010

Sparkling Starburst Mandala



Here's my latest creation for the Gandhara Collection on Etsy.  I'm calling this fine silver metal clay pendant the "starburst mandala".  I'm having fun experimenting with tiny cubic zironias in metal clay before I try using the real thing...diamonds.  These CZs are so small that setting them is NOT easy... especially with my deteriorating eyesight...  that these days I need to work through the magnifying glass!  This design is from a sketch I did several years ago that was inspired by an ancient Indian jewelry design.


Anyone interested in east Indian jewelry should own the incredible book called Traditional Jewelry of India.  It is one of my treasured possessions. You can peek through the book on Amazon.


1 comment:

Beatnheart said...

Another beautiful piece Penny ! Yeah diamonds would be gorgeous..or rubies..Cynthia