Monday, May 17, 2010

Ants in My Hats & Summer Pants

What's going on?  I really thought summer was almost here until today... cold and rainy after a gorgeous weekend.  So, I must ease my goose bumps with some images I've been gathering from some of my favorite blogs that make me feel like I'm on vacation.... in a warm, sunny place.  I love natural woven fibers and nothing calls my name like a wide brimmed straw hat.  


                                                 My Castle in Spain


Lime in the Coconut...a cool find


I found a divine one this last week in Sonoma.  It was mine until I checked the price.  I just couldn't bring myself to shell out $250. for a hat I will wear while gardening and romping with my little guy.  Surely it would end in disaster...... you know, the dogs mouth or the mud or the compost heap or caught in the rope swing.   I guess I'll have to resort back to my well worn frayed edged back up.


But, I am inspired now to think about some new earring designs for summer.... large fun ones I can wear with the fabulous straw hat I will one day find.  Hmmm.... That gives me another idea.  I may need to borrow my step-daughters for the photo shoot.  They can be my earring models wearing my new straw hat!

1 comment:

Bungalow 36 said...

I just love the photos of hats on the wall. What a great idea!!!