Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blessed Are The Children

I stood next to my sister at our quirky, fun Forth of July parade here in Ojai, both of us snapping more than a hundred of photos.  But, before I could even get out of bed the next morning and wipe the sleep from my eyes, my sister had her photos up on her blog already.  As I browsed through, I reallzed that if I posted mine it would look like plagerism!  As I was browsing through my snaps again today, I figured there are a few I should share to brighten everyones day.  There is nothing like an honest smile from a child to cheer us all and feel hope for the future.










Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.
Henry Ward Beecher, reverend and social activist

If our American way of life fails the child, it fails us all.  
~Pearl S. Buck

Children are one third of our population and all of our future.  
~Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981

Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
Lady Bird Johnson, former U.S. First Lady


2 comments:

Beatnheart said...

Beautiful, colorful photos Penny. It’s hot today and I’m not happy. I’m one of those that run from the sun and heat. should have settled in San Francisco or further north. I’m in hibernation now. All the best Penny...

Cobalt Violet said...

You are funny Pen! Great shots, especially of our little flag waver!