Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Daydreaming of the Third World

Ever since school let out for the summer, it has been difficult to sit down and focus on a thoughtful post. I have been occupied keeping my four year old busy and by the time the day is done, I am too. Besides the regular daily activites (shopping, cleaning, cooking, laundry) I have primarily been hanging by the poolside making sure my baby fish doesn't drown.  It's my goal this summer to see him swimming around like the happy dolphin he wants to be.  That means no reading great novels or travel magazines, no texting friends or checking my favorite blogs....  or making jewelry....while lounging by the pool (or in the pool).  But, I have been daydreaming!  Fantasizing about all the places I've been and dream of visiting some day.  I'm really missing the "third world".... India, Mexico, Africa.  I realize I must post about my travels in India.  But for now, here are a few fun places I just found that are sure to delight you!





Image Name



http://www.deviresorts.in/


http://www.hotpinkindia.com/

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked."

Mark Twain




5 comments:

Bungalow 36 said...

That ring is something that shows up in dreams. So beautiful!

Beatnheart said...

Yes please Penny...tell us about India.

Cobalt Violet said...

That bottom shot is breathtaking. I want to teleport NOW! Ahhhhhh ...

Ruthie Redden said...

How wonderful, i looove the ring! india is somewhere i long to visit! my daughter spent several months there a couple of years ago & had such adventures. Hope you have a wonderful summer with your wee fish ;-) x

Unknown said...

When I visited Udaipur... the lake was dry, you could even ride a camel down there! LOL! Can you imagine my disappointement?!