Saturday, February 6, 2010

Orient & Flume, Labradorite & Avatar


our object d'arts



my new labradorite from ECrater

The sun finally came out just before the sun set this evening after two days of rain. The light on our beautiful arrangement on our mantle inspired me to share their beauty. All are gifts from my husbands family in Northern California. I don't even know if they realize how lovely the objects look together as a group. The glass pieces are all from Orient and Flume in Chico. The colors remind me of the gorgeous dreamy aqua blues in my favorite gemstone, labradorite. I just LOVE labradorite! After I fed my son dinner tonight, I went online to look find a beautiful one to post an ended up buying the one above...I couldn't resist! Now I need to learn how to do a bezel set and design a piece of jewelry to show it off!

I cannot deny that these colors remind me of the fabulous Na'vi in Avatar too! I couldn't resist adding this photo......


1 comment:

Cobalt Violet said...

Visually yummy post! Makes me forget red is my favorite color! ;)