Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Springtime Showers

Showers without rain?  Yes, today in Ojai...
my friends and I showered a lovely fertile friend with love as she is full and round with a new life growing in her womb. It was an idyllic gorgeous springtime day...... so beautiful that I carted everything out of the house to the picnic table under the old oak tree in the back yard.... white linen tablecloths and napkins, my Grandmother's floral wedding china and silver, wine glasses, fresh cut roses from my parents garden....  and the vintage silver tea service my mother brought back from Pakistan.  We were truly ladies today... eating our three salad lunch then sipping earl grey tea with milk & devouring my famous chocolate (with chocoloate chips) bundt cake.  The garden fairies were surely watching over us today, pleased that we were so full of joy at the abundance all around us.....I could just feel it.  



1 comment:

Bungalow 36 said...

Thank you Penny for a wonderful lunch. Everything was absolutely perfect! I especially loved the chocolate bunt cake. Soooo good!!! Let's make that next time I come over : )