Thursday, April 1, 2010

Luscious Letterpress

Letterpressed cards are very impressive....no pun intended.... well ... maybe.   Be it a business card, invitation or note card, it just doesn't get much better than one made from a letterpress unless it's hand drawn from a child, of course.  The perfect word to describe them is luscious, which according to Merriam-Webster is "richly luxurious; sexy; seductive"... and they are!


My friend Tegan Hope, who is also my occassional "clay" date (making jewelry), expressed a deep desire to someday learn to use a letterpress less than two years ago. She now owns her own fully restored vintage Chandler and Price letterpress and has become quite the expert!  With a long time career in graphic design and amazing creative abilities, she has now launched Bungalow 36, a design and letterpress company. 


And, today my dream came true!  No only do I now have my very own letterpressed business cards, Tegan taught me how to use her gorgeous machine and I printed some of my own cards.  Keep in mind that Tegan also picked out my new colors and designed the layout for my new logo.  Thank you Tegan!









Photos courtesy of Tegan Hope



4 comments:

Tegan Hope Duffy said...

Now you understand my obsession with letterpress. More fun printing days to come.

PK Studios said...

Thanks....I eagerly await the day.

Theresa said...

Nice blog. Lucky you to be in Ojai. I visited there for the first time a few years ago. Come on and say hi and see my giveaway.

Beatnheart said...

Hi Penny, I once received a letterpress card and it was so beautiful I still have it in a prominent place...I didn't know what it was at the time..They are truly special...Lucky You..Hope you have a beautiful Easter.